Young on Stage
In 2018 ROZBARK Theater launched a new residency program "Young on Stage". The program aims to support artists representing dance and movement theater (broadly understood) in the preparation of the premiere performance. Program is dedicated to individual artists who are under 35 years of age or collectives/companies that has no permanent access to the stage (in the case of the company/collective at least half of members must be under 35 years of age). Teatr ROZBARK is a co-producer of performances that will be created as an effects of the program.
During the first edition, 27 applications were received and 2 proposals were selected: smell.me. ordinary piece by Company HAA & ODD (premiered on May 18th 2019) and Manhattan by Dominika Wiak & Daniela Komędera-Miśkiewicz (premiere schedulded on September 1st 2019).
We are excited to announce the second edition of the program, with an increased budget and organizational changes. We also encourage young artists to submit applications!
What do we offer?
- opportunity of using one of the Theater's studies for two weeks,
- opportunity to use the ROZBARK Theater stage with support of technical crew for a week,
- promotional, organizational and technical support in the preparation of the premiere,
- co-financing of the premiere in the amount of PLN 16,000 gross; support will not be provided in the form of subsidies, and by covering part of the production costs by Teatr ROZBARK (promotion, fees, equipment rental, etc.),
- an additional amount of PLN 1,000 gross for the set design,
- an additional amount of PLN 1,000 gross for costumes.
How to apply?
From among the applications sent, we will choose two commissioners. Proposals with at least a three-member cast will be preferred. We will inform all applicants about the results via e-mail as well as announce it on the Theater website www.teatrrozbark.pl and theatrical fanpage.
The application must contain the following files:
- a brief description of the performance and the artist/collective (up to 3,500 characters),
- application form (downloadable below),
- estimated cost of the performance, including the funding offered by the ROZBARK Theater.
We accept files saved in .doc, .odt or .pdf formats.
One can not submit performances that already had their public presentations (also as work in progress) to the "Young on stage" program.
The second edition of the "Young on stage" program is supported by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage as part of the Theater and Dance priority.
- applications should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com until July 31st 2019 to 11:59 pm,
- announcement of results: no later than August 8th 2019 on the principles described above,
- first residency: study work: October 14-27, 2019, work on stage: October 28 - November 2, premiere: November 3, 2019,
- second residence: studio work: November 18 - December 1, 2019, work on stage: December 2-7, 2019, premiere: December 8, 2019.
These terms are fixed and unable to change.